South Dakota Vital Records (Please note that all certified copies are $15.00 each):
- Application form (required) & additional form for multiple birth records:
- Marriage License Information: Must be applied for in person at Register of Deeds office within South Dakota. The license is usable immediately, however only valid for 20 days following issuance. Please note that you will need to know the location of where the ceremony will take place prior to requesting the license and will also need to secure a qualified individual to solemnize the marriage.
- Marriage License Application
- Marriage Parental Consent Form (between the ages of 16 & 18)
- Not finding what you need? Please use the link below to access the Vital Records South Dakota Department of Health.
Real Estate Document Recording & Filing of Federal, State, County, and Mechanic’s Liens:
- Requirements for recording real estate documents in South Dakota
- Recording of Real Estate Documents
- Checklist to Record Documents
- Certificate of Real Estate Value (form)
- How to Remove a Name of Deceased Owner from Title
- How to Change or Add names to a Deed
- What to do if the Original Document is Lost
- UCC Filings
- UCC Fee
- Filing of County, Federal, Mechanic’s, State Liens
- How to find out if there are Liens or Encumbrances Against a Piece of Ground
- Recording Fees
Fictitious Business Name
There are no searchable records online. Please contact the Register of Deeds by phone or email with any information requests.
The county Register of Deeds issues and/or files marriage licenses, birth and death certificates, burial permits, real estate transactions (including deeds, mortgages and mortgage transfers), federal and state tax liens, state unemployment tax liens, military discharge records, and business name registrations. The Register of Deeds is also responsible for recording all liens, survey plat certificates and county welfare liens. The Register of Deeds is the official county record keeper.
Register of Deeds:
906 N. River St.
Hot Springs, SD 57747
Phone: (605) 745-5139
Fax: (605) 745-3708